IP Monitoring with Fibre
With the copper network being retired and the increased roll out of fibre; you need to know the best forward for monitoring of your security system.
A lot of our security systems are still monitored in a traditional sense through the POTS – plain old telephone service. As this is phased out we need to look at moving to an IP based monitoring system.
Our experience has shown us that IP Modules that are retro fitted to older alarm systems and connected to your office or home internet system are problematic and costly in the long run
We recommend that if you need to continue to use your old analogue based security system that you go with a GPRS cellular based monitoring solution. They are more reliable and are powered off your alarm system so will work independently of your business or home’s internet connection.
There are a huge number of benefits to be had by upgrading your security alarm system to an IP based system.
- Push notifications. This is an alert that pops up on your phone so you can see who is entering and exiting the office. Or when the shop has been opened in the mornings. Or when the kids are home.
- Video verification. This works with the push notifications and sends you a video image along with alert.
- Remote control of your security alarm system. This allows you to turn your alarm on and off remotely.
- Isolating zones. This allows you to isolate certain zones if they are problematic. For example if you are away and your alarm is constantly being triggered by a spider.
- Integration. The ability to open and close gates, doors and lights if they are connected to the security system.
Insight EDS can help you with the move to an IP Monitoring solution for your security system